- Electronic Engineering
- Experienced in conceptualizing ideas into functioning
- Our Engineering staff is knowledgeable in all phases of
- Call today to start your project at practical costs and timelines.
- Enclosures - Plastic or Metal
- Metal Enclosures for Low or Robust Applications - Powder
- Small run prototyping
- Thru-Hole Printed Circuit Board
- The consideration points are parts proximity to edge of
board and interference with wave solder operations. Nearly all
boards require an edge rail of some sort. Panelizing even short
runs is a benefit as manufacturing costs should decrease as
handling requirements are lessened.
- A good size working panel is 9" x 12". Panels greater than
this size typically will be difficult to wave solder.
- Whether the panel is Tab Routed or Scored will largely
depend on the final shape of the PCB. Use caution if the panel
is to be scored that there is a reasonable number of scored lines
and not a number that your PCB manufacture decides for you.
Excess scored panels will be very difficult to properly wave
- Surface Mount Printed Circuit Board
- Most of the guidelines listed for Thru-Hole Boards will also
apply here. Additionally we will also require Tooling Holes and
Fiducials for SMT Placement accuracy. When the SMT pads on a
circuit board are plated there is also an option to have an
additional mark (known as a fiducial) placed on the board.
- This is an important step because of the tolerances of
either individual or panelized boards as they are finalized in
the fabrication process. A pick and place machine with vision
can use the fiducial mark to adjust its stored placement program
for any fabrication errors. Without these marks the errors that
are present from panel to panel cannot be adjusted and may cause
a manufacturing defect.